Canal+ DTM Sim Racing
Lights! Camera! Action!
Those short words are clearly explaining this season and that again, we’re taking simracing to new levels. This time, together with Canal+ and Fantasy Expo we have a show that will be broadcasted live on TV. In addition, we’re running two seasons in parallel - DTM and GT3 which means two races a week. Every week. It’ll be intensive!
Once your jaws returned to normal positions, here’s some details:
- Races every week (Fridays)
- 2x25 mins and reversed top 10
- 3 cars to choose from
- No required pitstop - proper sprints without worrying about the strategy
- Over 1100EUR in prizes
- Live TV coverage and studio
Each race week comprises of 3 stages:
- Prequalifying - 6 days prior to racing day. This determines the servers drivers will be allocated to.
- Qualifying - directly before the races. This is how the starting grid is formed for the first race.
- Races - 2x25min. In the second - starting grid is the same as finishing order of the first one, except the top 10, who are started in reversed positions. Points are awarded for both races, sum of which determines the round winner.
To join you’d need Assetto Corsa for PC and Dream Pack 2 DLC (for Barcelona Catalunya track).
DTM cars from URD are shared for free for season entrants - link will show up here after signing up.
All cars available have open setup, so you can adjust them like their real counterparts. From aerodynamics, ride height, tire pressure to damper settings, toe or camber.
Each round comprises of 2 separate races (let’s call them sprints, shall we?) - 2 times 25 mins. The starting grid of the second sprint is determined by the finishing order of the first sprint, with exception of top 10, which will be reversed. That means the winner will start from 10th, second from 9th and so on.
So, get ready for the fast pace and rapid action. See you on track!
PS: You don’t have to choose between the seasons - you can start in both. We’ve set the calendar so the same tracks are appearing right after in both seasons to help adjust with starting.
2x25 min01 May 18:30
2x25 min08 May 18:30
2x25 min15 May 18:30
2x25 min22 May 18:30
Nurburgring - GP (GT) OSRW
2x25 min29 May 18:30
Barcelona - GP OSRW
2x25 min05 Jun 18:30
2x25 min12 Jun 18:30
CANAL+ DTM SIM RACING SEASON TERMS
- Season CANAL+ DTM Sim Racing will be using Assetto Corsa game on PC.
- Season is organised and governed by Republic Of Simracers, registered in Great Britain, owned by Andrzej Wasielewski.
Duration and registration
- Registration for CANAL+ DTM Sim Racing season starts on 23/04/2020 (which also means the start of the season itself) and finishes with the race on 12/06/2020.
- To participate in this season you must have a copy of Assetto Corsa on Steam and register for this event on ROS’ website.
Determining the winners
- Winner of the season will be the driver with the highest number of points after deducting all penalties (including final race).
- In case of a points draw the driver with a higher track position in the last round will be the winner.
- Prizes are sponsored by Fantasy Expo Sp. z o.o., based in pl. Świętego Macieja 21/2A, 50-244 Wrocław, registered in Rejestr Przedsiębiorców Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego by Sąd Rejonowy for Wrocław-Fabryczna, VI Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego under KRS: 0000496522, identified by: NIP: 8971796193, REGON: 022340859.
- Prizes are available for top 3 drivers in general standings at the end of the Season:
- First place: 3000 PLN gross
- Second place: 1500 PLN gross
- Third place: 500 PLN gross
- Prizes will be paid within 60 working days counted from passing the full details (name, address of tax body and bank account number) to Organiser. Prize will be paid in PLN and converted to destination currency at bank rate from the day of the transfer.
Qualifying and race
- Qualifying session will start on the race day and will last for 20 minutes.
- Each round will consist of 2 races, each lasting 25 minutes. Points will be awarded for each race.
- Driver order during the second race will be determined by finishing order of first race, except top 10 which will be reversed in order.
- Season calendar:
- R1 Silverstone - 01/05/2020
- R2 Imola - 08/05/2020
- R3 Monza - 15/05/2020
- R4 Nurburgring - 22/05/2020
- R5 Barcelona - 29/05/2020
- R6 Hockenheim - 05/06/2020
- R7 Spa - 12/06/2020
- Season's cars:
- Audi A5 2018 DTM
- BMW M4 2018 DTM
- Mercedes C-Coupe 2018 DTM
- Cars can be changed until R1. (when PREQ R1 finishes to be precise)
- Server settings:
TC - Factory
ABS - Factory
SC - Off
Damage - 70%
Fuel usage - 100%
Tire usage - 100%
- 6 track cuts are allowed. More will result with a drive-thru penalty to be taken in the next 3 laps from the first cut above the limit.
We recommend downloading the KMR app available in ACEM to track the number of cuts.
- Penalties are handed by the stewards committee and approved by master steward based on individual analysis of the incident and its impact.
- Car liveries must use ROS numberplates and sponsor logos as per supplied PSD templates. Banners for the front window and driver’s info plate will be provided as an obligatory separate DDS files that have to be attached unchanged to the livery. DOWNLOAD CAR TEMPLATES
- Administrator is registering the right to add "special guests" to starting lists (max 2 drivers) who will be racing in their own class. All flag rules and other racing regulations are applying as normal.
- When participating in a public event organised by us, the Organiser reserves the right to share any materials such as stream, photos, screenshots in social media, Internet, press, television or other media. Such materials can contain details publicly used by you during the event.
- Scoring will be revealed after prequalifying to R1 is finished.
Terms above agreed on 26.04.2020. Last update: 26.04.2020.
Above Season Terms are extension of the Racing Regulations. All rules written in Racing Regulations document are still applying to this event. In case of a rules conflict, rules written in above Season Terms are taking priority.
Score table - Race 1
Score table - Race 2